Every year many guys and girls have the age old headache on how many roses to give and what does it mean for certain amount of roses.
Valentines Day, Proposal, a simple Thank You or even an Apology, people tend to get flowers.
Valentines Day in particular is when flowers and stuffed toys especially bears become ridiculously expensive.
That’s one headache by itself. How big should I buy?
The next headache is girls themselves.
“Eh never mind la, don’t buy any flowers for me ya. Save money.”
Tried it, done it and trust me that’s not what they mean.
But I don’t splurge on flowers. Sometimes a stalk of rosé or two would do. Other than that a great night out like movie outing and dinner would be part of the agenda to replace the unnecessary flowers.
At the end of the day, it all comes down to who the recipient is.
For those who are wondering what the meaning is when you give certain amount of roses, here’s the list i got from yahoo answers
-1 Rose Love at the first sight; you are the one
- 2 Roses Mutual love between both, deeply in love with one another
- 3 Roses I love you
- 6 Roses I wanna be yours
- 7 Roses I’m infatuated with you
- 9 Roses An Eternal love, together as long as we live
- 10 Roses You are perfect
- 11 Roses You are my treasured one; the one I love most in my life
- 12 Roses Be my steady
- 13 Roses Secret Admirer
- 15 Roses I am truly sorry, please forgive me
- 20 Roses Believe me, I am sincere towards you
- 21 Roses I am devoted to you
- 24 Roses Can’t stop thinking about you, 24 hours everyday
- 33 Roses Saying “I love you” with great affection
- 36 Roses I will remember our romantic moments
- 40 Roses My love for you is genuine
- 50 Roses Regretless love, this is
- 99 Roses I will love you for as long as I live
- 100 Roses Harmoniously together in a century; remaining devoted as couple till ripe-old age
- 101 Roses You are my one and only love
- 108 Roses Please marry me!
- 365 Roses Can’t stop thinking about you, each and everyday
- 999 Roses Everlasting and Eternal love
(I wonder if it could also mean “everlasting bankruptcy!”)
So how many roses did you give/receive?